I've been really excited about this idea for Alex leading Rory out of a picture and I've finally found the time to create something while the girls are napping today. However, this is what I've got so far and I'm really unhappy with it. It looks too cluttered and all the cool stuff I tried to do isn't represented well at all. I'd appreciate so much any pointers, ideas, etc. that any of you might have! I'd really like this page to be perfect since I worked so long on getting the "pop-out" picture just right and I even wrote a bloomin' poem just for this page cuz I couldn't find anything written that fit well enough! Don't laugh at me, this is kind of my first attempt at poetry. Pretty much I want to keep the "pop-out" part and my poem... everything and/or anything else can be changed.
4 comments:
What an amazingly creative idea! I LOVE the pop out picture, and the poem as well!
Ooohhhm, hmmm.... suggestions, let me think....
Oh, I don't know...
Hmmm...
What if you completely did away with the sky paper and used only a soft blue background. THen ditched the frame and ribbon around your poem and had it just up in the top left corner, coming down the side? Maybe it's the clouds that are just too much (though those painted clouds are TO DIE for!) But with a soft blue backgroud, you will still definitely get the idea of sky. And I wouldn't touch the stuff in the garden, that collection is sooooo cute!
OK. I love it! It is such a darling picture and concept.
The poem is so touching. Can I use it on some of my scrapbook pages? Emma and Lila would love to have Aunt Nikki's poem. It is beautiful. It made me emotional. Good job!
I have a few ideas for your page. See what you think and then you may have more ideas. to start I would
a) enlarge Alex and Rory and the frame
b) lower Alex so that she is stepping onto the mystical grass instead of the rainbow
c) raise the cute rainbow to the top
d) put your incredible poem on that cute lined writing paper that I have seen you use. You know, like you tore a page from a notebook?
e) use a childlike font
I think I like Megan's idea about the clouds. Maybe they detract from the amazing picture popout and poem. I'd love to see them with and without.
Anyway, I LOVE it! It is fun to scrapbook with you. You are amazing! Thank you so much for teaching me! I love you!
Oh yeah, can you brighten up the grass that Rory is stepping out of? Can you make it a pretty green?
Of course you can use the poem; I'd be honored! Thank you both for your suggestions, I've used ALL of them!
Post a Comment