Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hunting Camp

When my friend, Cassie, asked if I wanted to go to her annual family Hunting Camp with her, it was the first time I've ever considered leaving my kids to just go off and do something without them.  I LOVE being with my kids.  But hunting is something I've wanted to learn how to do since I was a kid.  I casually told Dave about it, and he told me I just had to do it.  I knew he would take really good care of the kids, but even so, once I made the decision that it was a good thing to go, it was still agonizing leaving them.  I had some pretty deep mixed feelings about the whole thing.  But after praying, I felt like it was a very good thing to go.  I knew Cassie and I would be safe.  I knew her family would be awesome and I knew they are extremely experienced hunters.  Thursday morning, I said goodbye to my children and sweet husband, threw my things into Cassie's van, and we were off.




 Dave took the kids for scooter rides so they would be having fun as I left.
 We had our audio books and tons of music, and even though we didn't listen that much to any of it, we still didn't have enough time to talk!  It was about a 6-hr road trip to Wyoming.

 Rory sent me off with one of her beautiful scarves.  I tied it into a carrick bend knot and wore it the whole time.












































No comments:

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse