The girls were so excited for their day of extra-curricular at Harmony. This is Rory's very first time. Does she look like a kindergartener to you? She doesn't look or act like a 5-year old to me. Where did my baby go?

Alex is taking karate, pottery, Lego robotics, mixed media, beginning guitar (the teacher happens to be Dave's favorite guitarist to use in the studio), and science lab. Dave took her to get a guitar and she came back with this cute classic "50's color pink" guitar. She learned her first chord that night.

Rory has to be in the 5-6 year old group and I think she will have fun, but the "fun with numbers" and "Creative Alphabet" classes might be pretty boring for her. She reads at a 5th grade level, and her writing and math are at a 2nd grade level. I think she'll love gym, Magic School Bus (which is science), literature art, and Musical Theater.
I have a lot of preparing to do every week for the girls' school so I will use Wednesdays while the girls are at Harmony to prepare for school and clean the house (when Joseph will let me)... Let's face it I'll be playing with him instead- this house will never be completely de-cluttered.
Joseph just had his 1-year old doctor's appt this morning. The dr and I talked about how his therapy is going. She was a little puzzled that he doesn't have delays in any other area besides gross motor. I asked her to keep her eyes open for any other complications he might have. I needn't have asked; she found Joseph has a heart murmur. They grade heart murmurs from a 1-5, 5 being the worst. She said it sounds like he is about a 2. There are many questions to be answered. Sometimes it can be an opening that is too large, and it could have been large before, in which case sometimes a heart murmur is harder to hear, and perhaps now it is closing up and getting smaller as he develops. But this is all just guess work until we get in to see the pediatric cardiologist. I would be so grateful for your prayers on Joseph's behalf. It's begs to reason that his heart murmur is the cause of his delayed gross motor. I have always felt so strongly that something else was going on and I was afraid his hips were in pain, or something like that. But it seems that his heart murmur could very well cause him to feel weak and to tire easily.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment