Monday, July 26, 2010

Statue Maker

On Pioneer day I taught the girls how to play one of my favorite childhood games: Statue Maker. I changed it a bit for them; when I played it as a kid, the statue maker would spin the other kids thru the air by their arms and then let them fly. However the kid landed is how he/she was supposed to stick and stay that way as a statue. Then a customer would come and the statue maker would try to sell one of his statues. Sometimes the statue had a button that could be pressed and then the statue could perform some function. Of course there were always malfunctions to make the game more interesting. Anyway, instead if throwing my little girls thru the air, I posed them myself. They were very good at holding still. I wish I had taken more pictures but this is the only one I shot. Renae, Grandma & Grandpa McD came to play with us too.
As you can see, Alex was very dedicated in playing her part!


Doesn't she make a gorgeous garden statue??

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse