During our stay in Cali this last time, we got to join my sister Mandy's family for a school day in their home. I've always been impressed with how smart my nephew and nieces are, but this was something special to be a part of. They started the day off with the Pledge of Allegiance, then we had a prayer and some scripture study. We did the calendar activity and talked about the date, weather, etc... by the way it was an absolute monsoon down there that week! Then we split up into individual study. Mandy's kids started their math, while Alex started her reading and writing (I haven't really started her on math yet, but after seeing how Mandy does things and how fun it can be even at RORY's age, I'm going to start). Mandy set up the little toddler table for Rory and Caden to do some puzzle work during this time.
Then everyone took a recess break. Their dad (Alex and Rory's Uncle John) was home from work because of the intense rain and he took the kids out for races and to learn how to dribble a basketball.
Do you see the purple furry sweater that Alex is wearing? It's her cousin, Lila's, favorite sweater ever and Lila GAVE it to her! Watching these cousins together and seeing their friendships grow and blossom is such a blessing. anyway, I guess the sweater was getting too small for Lila and so Mandy told me she was happy about the gift. Now, it is Alex' (and Rory's even though she never gets to wear it) favorite sweater.
Mandy also showed me their history and science curricula, and I never knew those things could be so exciting and fun. She has really picked the best curricula possible.
Thanks, De Leo's, for sharing your school with us! We'll never forget how much fun we had with you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment